The mission will be accomplished by:
- Examining and comparing the published guidance manuals to MN Election Statutes for consistency in language and meaning. Time Frame: on-going
- Examine and compare the Administrative Rules to guidance and to MN Election Statutes for consistency.
- Through inquiry and observation, verifying that our understanding of election procedures found in the Statutes, Rules, and guidance is reflected in the procedures described by election officials in various election settings, i.e., polls, absentee ballot locations, mail receipt venues, and drop boxes and post-election reviews.
- Documenting the procedures performed in each functional area together with the findings and recommendations.
- Identifying and reporting any instances of non-conformity with MN Election Statutes.
- Consulting, where appropriate with legal counsel to ensure findings are appropriate and that other information sources, such as court decisions, are compatible with findings and recommendations.
- Referring findings to the appropriate election official for remediation.
- Considering whether findings and recommendations are appropriate for election judge, challenger, observer, or legal training.
- Solicitating various election-related public information from election officials, through data practices requests, to document election practices, equipment, and varial additional election issues.